Search for subjects on this blog

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Tea ladies and tea trolleys.

The tea lady, pushing the tea trolley, was an important part of offices in the 60s and 70s; I am sure that they were there in the 50s too. These wonderful people appeared at pre-ordained times and handed out tea to the staff – of course, the more important you were, the sooner you got your drink and the better was your cup and saucer. Huge teapots with tea leaves filled the cups through strainers. I believe that they slowly vanished in the interests of modernisation and cost cutting but, in my opinion, it was far cheaper to have someone bring tea than to have people leaving their desks to go and get their own. Bring back the tea lady!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this
I have found It positively helpful and it has
helped me out loads. I'm hoping to give a contribution & aid other customers like its aided me. Great job.

my webpage: dog collars